Friday, February 26, 2010

Vintage Friday


Today's Vintage Friday are not true vintage, but I think they'll do.
This first is a candlewicking project I made earlier this month. The kit called for it to be made into a pillow, but I wanted to do something different. I just added two border fabrics to make it into a small spring quilt. I am so happy with the way it turned out, I want to make another with the heart candlewicking project. I just need to do a simple quilt pattern and it will be ready to drape on the back of the family room sofa.



This was another fast project,however, it took me two years to start. I had wanted to make a quilt from the panel but I changed my mind when I pulled it out Monday. The instructions say..."The Tiny Tots panel was originally printed as an object book for pre-readers in 1942."
It went together very quickly and makes my nostalgic heart sing.




No comments: