Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Craft

I found this kit at a thrift store last summer while searching for vintage embroidery. It was the closest I was able to get at the time. The thrift stores by me are not great for finding many vintage items of any kind, so I bought this to justify the trip. It has been sitting in my attic since I brought it home. Last week when I finished my latest cross stitch project I didn' t have anything picked out to work on so I grabbed this kit. I hadn't done any candlewicking before so it was something new to try. I finished the top in three days and I've already started another top with hearts. I would like to make a small quilt for spring with this as the center block. I will probably add several borders to the main block to keep it simple. I don't have a lot of light or pastel fabric so I need to make a trip to the quilt store. I hope to have it finished by the end of the month. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I had one of these kits! They came out in the mid 80's. I remember learning how to make the french knots. I don't know what ever happened to my pillow, but this sure brought back memories. Twyla