Friday, January 29, 2010

Vintage Friday

Today's vintage Friday is only 20 something years old. I made it for Amanda when she was very little. I don't remember exactly when I made it, but I never "finished" it. I found it last week in a box with other projects that I had packed away years ago.

I think it's from a Vanessa Ann chart. I know it's stitched on 14ct. Aida with DMC floss. I haven't used Aida in years, but this did bring back a lot of stitching memories. There was a time when Aida was our only choice. When I first began stitching I lived in Hawaii and the only fabric I could buy in the stores was white 14ct. Aida from the Philippines. If I wanted a color or smaller count my grandma had to send it to me. I am going to make a banner out of this piece and put it up whenever we have a birthday in the family. I'll give it to Amanda when she has children.

1 comment:

Beedeebabee said...

This is precious and I agree, it will be perfect in a birthday banner! Hugs, xoxo