Friday, January 15, 2010

Vintage Friday

Last month I was looking through some old patterns and found this one from 1971. It was the fourth pattern published by Leisure Arts Company. I bought this copy in 1993 to make a pair of booties for Heather.

I crocheted a pair of these very 70's booties for Heather again this year. Only this time it was as a gift for her third baby due in March.

Once I started crocheting this pair I felt like I could do them by memory. It was a very good feeling. I can remember measuring the loops to make sure they were all the same size, and doing the bottom several times on the first one because I didn't think it was going to work. I remember making the original pair in white and I know I made a few other projects from this book.

3 comments:

mimi said...

Hello Becca,
I am so glad that you found my blog and ejoyed your visit. Thank you for leaving me a comment so that I could say Hello. I enjoyed reading this post. My grandmother was a wonderful crocheter. She made beautiful blankets with colorful "Granny squares" I asked her several times to teach me but her hands worked to fast I never did catch on. I may have to take a class and learn something new this year. Thank you again for your visit--I hope you will return soon.
Fondly,
Mimi~

Lynn B said...

Hi Becca
Thankyou for visiting my blog today! I cannot send the pattern via the comment as it is set as no reply on your email, please leave another comment with your email and I will send it to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Lynn B
www.happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com

dawn said...

My mom had that same pattern book. She made the capelet for Britta when she was born.
*Dawn*