Friday, January 16, 2009

In The Meadow We Can Build a Snowman

This is my first finished cross-stitch piece in 2009. I ordered the pattern from Country Sampler and asked that they include enough fabric to make two pillows. I had no idea it was stitched on 18 aida. I haven't used aida in years. It was a little odd at first stitching on aida, but then it was fine. I dyed the entire piece in tea after it was finished. I backed the pillow with a hand dyed plaid green wool from my stash. I am going to make the other pillow later this year.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

This turned out so pretty! I haven't done 18 count aida because it's too hard for me to see. You did a beautiful job. Twyla

staci said...

LOVE it! Seeing yours finished and looking so wonderful may be just the push I need to get mine finished up!!!