Friday, April 4, 2008

Little Gramma





My gramma, Little, is the one who started my crafting journey. She taught my how to crochet when I was six. I still remember my first project. She had me chain stitch with pink worsted weight yarn for hours. After I went to bed that night she made a rug for my Barbie house with the chain. I wish I still had that rug. She also taught me how to embroider. I don't remember my first project, I'm sure it was a tea towel or pillow case. From the very beginning I loved the feel of a needle and thread in my fingers. Many years later I taught my gramma how to cross stitch. I was so happy to share this with her. I have many things my Little made for me. I still use a crocheted spread on my bed that she made when we bought our first house. She actually crocheted valances for my dining room and family room. I hope to pass on this tradition to my granddaughters.

No comments: